Windshield Repair and Replacement
Not all windshield cracks are created equal. Your windshield damage may be fixed by a simple repair or, if the crack is mayor or in the driver’s line of vision, it may require a full replacement. Our technicians can inspect the damage and advise you of the best possible glass repair option. Your budget and safety are our main considerations.
If it is determined that glass replacement is required, Kleerchoice Auto Glass uses only the best quality replacement glass manufactured by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM). Our technicians are trained and certified in providing a quality auto glass installation that meets or exceeds Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and your car maker’s recommendations. All work performed at our premises.
Windshield repair can stop chips and cracks from spreading and it offers the following advantages:
- Convenience: Kleerchoice AutoGlass specialists typically perform windshield repairs within an hour.
- Inexpensive: Windshield repair is far more economical than replacing the whole windshield.
- Insurance Advantages: Because of the economic advantages of repair vs. replacement, many insurance companies will waive your deductible and pay for the windshield repair.
- Environmentally Responsible: Repairing your windshield eliminates the issue of disposing of old glass and sending it to a landfill, where it will remain forever.
To properly repair your windshield, Kleerchoice AutoGlass specialists remove debris from the impacted area, sometimes using a drill to create a clean passageway for the repair resin. A special resin is then injected into the damaged area using a tool that attaches to the surface of the glass. After injection, the resin is cured and polished to a clear finish.
Timely windshield replacement is essential to your safety. According to the Auto Glass Safety Council, a windshield makes up to 60% of the structural integrity in a rollover accident (the percentage varies depending of the car’s make and model.) Kleerchoice AutoGlass performs a series of steps to ensure proper replacement of the windshield.
- The windshield is carefully removed thus avoiding damage to the paint and bonding surface, a potential source of future leaks and corrosion.
- A windshield matching the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) quality is selected for installation.
- Only Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC) approved adhesives are applied to cars during the windshield replacement.
- The new windshield is replaced following procedures recommended by the AGSC. The recommended one hour drive-away time for passenger safety is then observed, allowing the adhesive to cure for safe drive-away time.
Your vehicle might have built-in windshield rain sensors, light sensors, or radio antennas. If you are unsure, review the user manual and let us know in advance so we can provide you with the correct replacement estimate. If any of these devices are part of your windshield, they might be damaged and need to be replaced. If our technicians have as much information as possible in advance it will allow us to get you back on the road quickly and safely.
MOBILE SERVICE INSTALLATION
We come to your location!